Millennia Media HV-3D 8 Channel Preamp
The HV-3D 8 is an eight channel channel preamp, fully matched microphone preamplifier of uncompromising sonic character, technical specification, and mechanical workmanship. The HV-3D offers multiple channels of HV-3 preamplifiers at significantly less per-channel cost.
- Unsurpassed ambience retrieval
- Transformerless design with matched hi-speed discrete transistor octet has 23 dB input headroom: no attenuator “pads” needed
- Uncolored timbral accuracy at all dynamic levels
- Entirely balanced audio path with precision components maintains signal integrity: THD under 5 ppm (.0005%)
- Effortless, vividly realistic, musical performance
- Laser-trimmed FET-based output stage has 32 dB headroom: drives 1000 foot (300 m) cable runs with ease
- Standard 36-step gain controls (1.5 dB per step) are stereo matched to .08 dB
- Ultra-clean toroid power supply
- Gold audio connectors and switches
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- Welded 16 gauge steel rack chassis
With circuitry identical to Millennia's acclaimed HV-3 series high voltage microphone preamplifier, the HV-3D 8 provides eight of the HV-3 mic preamps in a 2U rack space. The HV-3D delivers identical HV-3 circuitry and sonic performance at a significantly lower cost per channel. The HV-3D offers standard high resolution gain switching (36 steps @ 1.5 dB per step), optional B&K (DPA) 130V mic input option on every channel, DC-coupled input option on every channel for optimizing ribbon and other dynamic mics, a passive summing option, and future remote control option.
Unlike preamps using vacuum tubes, IC function modules*, and audio transformers — all of which lend their own audio coloration — the Millennia Media HV-3D is precisely optimized towards capturing the subtlest detail of music and ambience. With +23 dBu input headroom, the HV-3D requires no input pads or switch points as found on common "textbook" preamp designs — thus avoiding yet another source of sonic degradation. Moreover, with its +32 dBu output headroom, ultra-high dynamic stability and linearity is assured.
Millennia Media is an acoustic music production company and product engineering group. We have produced hundreds of symphony orchestra recording sessions and innumerable other smaller acoustic sessions. Millennia products are offered publicly only after painstaking improvements to even the smallest design detail. We ship only those products which pass our standards of musical realism.
HV-3D signal path from input through output is entirely balanced with a minimum amplifier topology. Uncompromising circuit design with meticulous selection and matching of critical components assures consistently transparent audio performance at all dynamic excursions and frequency extensions. Moreover, moderately capacitive cables up to nearly 1000 feet in length have been driven from HV-3 mic preamps with no immediately detectable signal degradation.
Comes with Manufacturer's Warranty