- Royer Labs R-10
Royer Labs R-10
R-10 Studio/Live Ribbon Microphone
The Royer R-10 is a passive mono ribbon microphone designed for use in the studio and on live stages. Hand-built in our Burbank California factory, the R-10’s sound and performance are all-Royer and it handles SPLs of up to 160 dB @ 1 kHz. The R-10’s compact size and mounting system allows for flexible, unobtrusive positioning.
Royer ribbon mics are legendary on electric guitar and the R-10 shows some of its best stuff on studio and live electrics, capturing all the low end, midrange warmth and punch guitarists and engineers have come to expect from a Royer. If you want more bite in the highs but don’t want to multi-mic (particularly on live stages where blending microphones can create phase-related problems), the R-10 takes EQ beautifully and we suggest experimenting with your favorite EQ unit or plugin.
The R-10 is excellent on brass and can handle close-miked trumpets, trombones and other brass instruments. Brass records naturally on an R-10, as bright as the musician plays but without the added sizzle or harshness commonly experienced when condenser mics are used on brass instruments.
(The R-10 is also available in matched pairs.)
• High SPL capabilities for electric guitar, brass and other close miking applications
• Multi-layered wind screen provides superior protection to ribbon element
• Internally shock-mounted ribbon transducer gives increased durability
• Passive design and custom transformer minimize high SPL overload
• Hum-bucking transducer design delivers extremely low residual noise
• Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity
• Absence of high-frequency peaks, “ringing” and phase shifts
• Equal sensitivity from front or back of the element
• Close miking in the studio and on live stages
• Electric & acoustic guitars
• Drum overheads, kick drum (see manual for position), room miking
• Percussion instruments
• Brass, horn sections
• Strings - solo & sections
• Acoustic piano
The heart of a ribbon microphone is its transducer. In this video we explain the transducer used in all Royer R-series ribbon mics, including details on our patented offset-ribbon design, how it handles high SPL's and why it gives a brighter response on the back side.
Royer Labs R-S...The heart of a ribbon microphone is its transducer. In this vi...
Lifetime warranty to the original owner and the first re-ribbon is free.
Find Similar Products by Tag
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed