APA Juggernaut 500 Ni
Read about the Juggernaut Preamp from Grammy award winning Producer/Mixer/Bassist John Spiker:
THE JUGGERNAUT 500 NI is an all Class A discrete, transformer coupled 500 series preamp by APA, designed by Tim Farrant and Nathan Eldred.
The Juggernaut 500 Ni features custom wound iron and nickel input transformers (switchable via push button), and comes with a nickel core custom output transformer. When switching between input transformers the auto-mute function engages to prevent loud pops or damage to speakers. Manual mute is also selectable. Pushbutton LEDs light up when selected. The Juggernaut is electronically discrete and fully class A; no opamps, no chips. Fully API (tm) compatible.
The Juggernaut was designed to be the ideal multi-tasker in the studio for any application. It is the first 500 series preamp that can provide a staggering range of tonal choices and control, through the use of switchable input transformers, widest choice of selectable impedance settings, onboard instrument DI, high-quality detented gain and impedance knobs for repeatibility and stereo matching between multiple Juggernauts, and much more. The incredible amount of features packed into a single 500 series slot is unprecedented.
Some other unique features include "Boost" and "+THD". Boost control button lowers or raises the sensitivity of the INPUT to avoid the typical negative -20dB pad found on many preamps which effects the tone. The +THD button is -10dB OUTPUT pad which will allows slight saturation of the transformer.
The Juggernaut has a wide selection of impedance settings ranging from 300 to 10,000 ohms this feature acts like a "tone control" knob; going beyond the traditional idea of mic impedance matching with microphones. The lower settings allow for low end emphasis in the source, while the higher settings allow for a distinctly open and extended full range frequency response. The Juggernaut provides the utmost flexibility and freedom of choice.
"tones ranging from sweet purity to velvety saturation. Thoughtful features and ergonomics make the Juggernaut a joy to use. Any studio would benefit from having a Juggernaut or two, but the preamp's sonic versatility makes it a serious contender for anyone looking for one preamp that does it all... there's no doubt this is one great product." - Michael Cooper
APA Juggernaut 500 Ni Features:
- All Class A & discrete electronics
- Fully 500 Series Compatible
- Can emulate classic vintage and modern preamps based on settings
- Push Button Switchable Custom input transformers (iron or nickel)
- Auto mute when switching between input transformers
- Custom nickel output transformer
- Boost - Low gain or high gain settings (eliminates the need for input pad)
- 41 position detented gain potentiometer made by Alps
- 41 position detented impedance potentiometer made by Alps
- Gain selectable in approximately 1db increments
- Widest impedance selection on any preamp ranging from 300 ohms to 10k ohms
- Full 70dB of gain, perfect for ribbons and low output dynamics
- High headroom, extremely quiet at highest gain
- Instrument DI
- Heavy duty custom fluted aluminum knobs
- LED Push buttons glow when activated
- Mute button
- Polarity Reverse
- +THD - output pad
- Clip LED
- Power Consumption: Max 75mA
- 1 Year Warranty
Need You Now -...Just saw this song on the iTunes top 10, listened to it, loved...
Comes with Manufacturer's Warranty