- Supercardioid polar pattern that rejects room tone and instrument bleed
- Detailed, extended top end with ribbon smoothness and warmth
- Supreme durability for close-range, outdoor, and live use
- Active electronics and custom transformer optimized for all preamps
- Front address design with built-in yoke is simple to position
- Integrated high-pass filter switch reduces proximity effect at close-range
- Matte black finish is discreet on camera
- Made in the U.S.A.
AEA KU5A Microphone
Special Sale Price. Limited Supply. AEA will begin to ship around July 20th, 2020. Orders will be shipped in the order received.
KU5A Microphone Overview
The KU5A is an exciting leap in ribbon microphone technology.
Delivering AEA’s rich ribbon tone, the end-address, supercardioid KU5A has unparalleled directionality.
Never before has a ribbon mic delivered as much directional clarity and breadth of sound as the KU5A, and in a form fit for both studio and live settings.
A Ribbon For Any Setting
Whether the source is a vocal, guitar, or even a snare drum, the KU5A delivers where other conventional ribbons cannot.
From close range, the KU5A delivers an extended top end while retaining the ribbon character one expects from an AEA microphone.
The road-ready KU5A is equipped with active electronics and an integrated high-pass filter fit for any preamp in studio or on stage.
One year parts and labor, shipping not included.
Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.