Wes Audio Dione
Legendary sound of Stereo Bus compressor has been true companion on countless recordings since 40 years. Often recognized as “mixbus glue”, this particular compression sound have become industry standard. We present _DIONE – fully analog, legendary VCA compressor with digital recall.
VCA THAT 2181
First and most important point – _DIONE is 100% analog device with +24dBu of headroom.
Regardless its digital control nature, fully analog signal path provides top VCA compression sound.
Two THAT 2181 VCA in signal chain, and two in side chain detector!
MIX KNOB FOR PARALLEL COMPRESSION
With MIX knob at your disposal, parallel compression has never been simpler to achieve!
With _DIONE your MIX setting can be automated in your DAW, ever wanted to push your compressor harder in chorus? Nothing simpler! Just record automation using touch sensitive encoder, or draw your automation lines in DAW!
THD – ADD COLOR TO YOUR MIXES
THD stands for “Total harmonic distortion” and it allows to saturate your signal with beautiful analog color.
SIDE CHAIN FILTERS
_DIONE Side chain filter functionality allows to modify signal going into the compressor’s detector.
It includes 3 high pass filters at 60,90 and 150 Hz, and 2 tilt filters which are special “curve” designed filters.
FOUR RATIO SETTINGS
_DIONE provides selectable ratios of 1.5:1 and 2:1 for gentle mixbus processing, and 4:1 and 10:1 for large variety of applications
500 SERIES and ng500 SERIES COMPATIBLE
Regardless its extensions, _DIONE is fully compatible unit with 500 series standard (*). Digital features can be enabled through front panel mini USB socket.
ng500 – Next Generation 500 series is a physical extension to 500 series, which makes _DIONE fully compatible with _TITAN frame – this allows to control all devices in chassis through one USB/Ethernet cable.
(*)Important note about 500 series extension : ng500
Even using _DIONE as pure analog signal processor you can easily switch between two parallel settings with a magic of a simple buttons.
TOTAL RECALL AND PLUGIN CONTROL
Along with classic analog compressor You receive most demanded feature in audio industry – TOTAL RECALL.
Full plugin control through VST2/VST3/AU/AAX/AAX DSP – makes _DIONE compatible with most, if not all major DAWs.
Total integration with your beloved DAW will change your workflow forever!
I’m sure all of us wanted to use different device settings based on song section. Now it is possible! Just draw automation lines in your DAW and your analog device will follow!
And remember, you can use three touch sensitive encoders to record automation TO your DAW!
Main features summary:
– 100% analog device with +24dBu of headroom powered by VCA THAT 2181,
– MIX KNOB FOR PARALLEL COMPRESSION
– THD – harmonic distortion with two modes (Medium & High),
– SIDE CHAIN FILTERS – 3 high pass filters at 60,90 and 150 Hz, and 2 tilt filters which are special “curve” designed filters,
– FOUR RATIO SETTINGS – 1.5:1 and 2:1 for gentle mixbus processing, and 4:1 and 10:1 for large variety of applications,
– 500 SERIES and ng500 (e.g. _TITAN) SERIES COMPATIBLE,
– TOTAL RECALL AND PLUGIN CONTROL compatible with most DAWs.
– ANALOG AUTOMATION in DAW.
– Fully digitally controlled and isolated analog circuit,
– Digital recall can be acheived by connecting unit directly through front panel mini USB socket, or using it inside _TITAN chassis,
– Digital sidechain – it is possible to send any track from your DAW as side chain signal to the compressor – It is enough to configure side chain feature in connected plugin,
– 3 touch sensitive encoders allow record automation of particular parameters (Threshold, Mix, Make Up) in DAW,
– True bypass,
– Accurate analogue GR meter and its precise simulation implemented in the plug-in itself,
– Free software and firmware upgrades.
Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz (0.1dB)
THD+N (WET): 0.008% (1kHz,0dBu)
THD+N (DRY): 0.004% (1kHz,0dBu)
Input impedance: 10kohm
Output impedance: <100ohm
Max gain: 21dB
Attack: 0.1,0.3,1,3,10,30 (ms)
Release: 0.1,0.3,0.6,0.9,1.2,Auto (s)
SC Filter: 60,90,150,T1,T2
THD (MID switch): 1%
THD (HIGH switch): 4%
Power consumption: 70mA/+16V and 50mA/-16V (per slot)