UA Apollo X4
The new Apollo x4 allows musicians and producers to easily track, overdub, and mix projects with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, Unison™-enabled mic preamps, and realtime UAD plug-in processing — all in a desktop Thunderbolt 3interface for Mac and Windows.
Built upon's 60-year heritage of craftsmanship, Apollo x4 and Apollo Twin X confidently outperform everything in their class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of acclaimed UAD analog emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analog studio, right on your desktop.
Record and mix with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion — with the widest dynamic range and lowest noise of any desktop interface
Four Unison-enabled preamps — track larger projects with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Helios, Neve, API, Manley, and more*
Onboard UAD QUAD Core processing lets you track and mix with the included Teletronix LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610‑B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-ins
Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
Four Unison Preamps: Get the Genuine Sound of Neve, Helios, API & More
Apollo x4 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, Universal Audio and many more. Exclusive to UA Audio Interfaces, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD QUAD Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo Console software, and it physically reconfigures the Apollo interface's impedance — so you can tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are used to track exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve on the previous generation of desktop Apollo interfaces’ class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers redesigned the x4’s audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving Apollo x4 a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters.
A Full Suite of Classic
Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo x4 offers a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, Fairchild 670, Pultec EQs, and the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ. Developed by UA’s world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Apollo x4 Features
- Desktop 12 x 18 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows with elite A/D and D/A conversion inherited directly from the acclaimed Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 4 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- 2 Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument inputs
- 2 independent headphone outputs
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical ADAT/SPDIF
- Optical ADAT/SPDIF output for connecting to additional studio equipment
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A 1176, and Fairchild 670 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Apollo x4 allows you to track, overdub, and mix larger projects with elite-class audio conversion, four Unison-enabled preamps, and QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing - all in a desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows. Learn more: https://u.audio/2octDEy Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo x4 confidently outperforms everything in its class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of UAD analog emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analog studio, right on your desktop. ♫ Song Info ♫ “So Cold” by Dirty Revival http://www.dirtyrevival.com/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- → Like Universal Audio on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/universalaudioinc/ → Follow @uaudio on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uaudio/ → Find @uaudio on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UAudio → Subscribe to UA’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/UniversalAudio → Learn more about Universal Audio - https://www.uaudio.com/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- About Universal Audio Inc. Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.” ©2018 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, “Apollo,” “Apollo Twin,” “UAD,” “Powered Plug-Ins,” and “UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc. *All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Apollo x4 Thun...Apollo x4 allows you to track, overdub, and mix larger project...
One Year Manufacturer's Warranty