SPL GoldMike Mk 2 AD with Digital Output
(Special Order. Usually ships in 1-7 days. Please ask us for current ETA.)
GoldMike Mk2 AD with Digital Output
Dual-Channel Microphone and Instrument Preamplifier
Like its successful predecessor, the GoldMike Mk2 retains a hybrid solid state and tube construction to combine the best of both worlds.
The transistor stage is composed of single transistors in a class A design. The circuitry is fully discrete, and each transistor is completely optimized for its specific task. You will not find any IC’s in this preamplifier stage because they cannot be optimized for this specific application to the degree we aimed for.
- Discrete Class A solid stage
- Tube drive in three different intensity levels
- Flair presence enhancement in two switchable settings
- Switching inserts
- Pre-output limiter stage (extremely fast diode-based operation, perfect for A/D converter protection)
- VU metering with three different, switchable display ranges
- Front panel instrument input, separate rear-side microphone and line inputs
- Phantom power, phase reverse, pad and high-pass filter (50Hz)
- Frequency response ‹10Hz bis 90kHz (-3dB)
- THD+N (Input level -30dBu, 30dB Gain) 0,016%
- Noise (A-w., R=40Ohm, 30dB Gain) -91,2dBu
- Dynamic range (30dB Gain) 110dB
- E.I.N. 128dBu
- Max. output level (sym., XLR+Jack) +26,8dBu
- Optional 24/192 AD converter
- Made in Germany
The GoldMike Mk2 is the result of our experience from its successful predecessor and represents an improved and more flexible microphone and instrument preamplifier.
The Hybrid Preamplifier
A significant contribution to the success of the predecessor is the hybrid preamplifier concept. It combines transistor and tube preamplifier stages and specifically utilizes their technological and sonic advantages: The efficiency and low noise of a discrete transistor stage is enriched with musical coloration of a tube stage.
Discrete Transistor Preamplifier
In the GoldMike Mk2 the transistor stage is composed of single transistors in a class A design. The circuitry is fully discrete, and each transistor is completely optimized for its specific task. You will not find any IC’s in this preamplifier stage because they cannot be optimized for this specific application to the degree we at SPL aim for.
The degree of tube preamplification is no longer the fixed +6dB value of its predecessor. The GoldMike Mk2 sports the selection of three different tube pre-amplifications: +6 dB remains the standard complemented by +12 dB and +18 dB. This allows creative variety with the tube saturation and limiting effects.
We have also added an extra setting to the popular Flair circuitry to give more flexibility to the presence improvement.
Dual-Mono PCB Layout
Because the GoldMike Mk2 is a dual channel preamplifier, its channel separation is of fundamental importance for the stereo image. Therefore the print-board layout is symmetrically mirrored around the power supply in the center from channel 1 to channel 2. This results in an identical signal flow to supporting a naturally balanced stereo image. Additionally the print-board provides extra-large ground areas maximizing the shielding against crosstalk and interference.
Frequency response: ‹10Hz bis 90kHz (-3dB)
- Microphone, XLR: 2.8kOhm
- Line In, TRS: 10kOhm
- Instr. In TRS: 1mOhm
- Output impedance (XLR and TRS): 50Ohm
- Input level -30dBu, Gain 30dBu: 0.016 %
- Input level -40dBu, Gain 40dBu: 0.017 %
- Input level -50dBu, Gain 50dBu: 0.022 %
- Input level -60dBu, Gain 60dBu: 0.048 %
Noise (A-weighted, R=40Ohm):
- Gain 30dB: -91.2dBu
- Gain 40dB: -86.6dBu
- Gain 50dB: -78.7dBu
- Gain 60dB: -69.3dBu
Dynamic range (Gain 30dB): 110dB
Max. input level:
- Microphone, XLR: +7dBu
- Microphone, XLR +PAD: +28dBu
- Line In, TRS: +23dBu
- Instr. In TRS: +7dBu
- Instr. In TRS +PAD: +14dBu
Max. output level:
- Balanced, XLR+ TRS +26.8dBu
- Unbalanced, XLR+ TRS +21.5dBu
- 1 kHz, Gain 30dB: ›75dB
- 10 kHz, Gain 30dB: ›75dB
Power consumption: 25W
WxHxD: 482 x 88 x 210mm; 19" x 3.46" x 8.27"
0dBu = 0.775V. Subject to change without notice.
AD Converter Module 1090
Optional 24Bit/192kHz AD converter
The Analog/Digital Converter Module 1090 is an optional digital output for compatible SPL units (see below) with a plug-and-play design for easy installation.
It offers an S/P-DIF output with both coaxial and optical connectors in parallel.
The heart of the module is a 24-bit converter with a variable sample rate of up to 192 kHz. Highly accurate quartz oscillators ensure a clean, low-jitter master clock.
The internal sample rate can be switched between 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz. Other sample rates (32, 176,4 and 192 kHz are set by external syncronization.
The converter can be synced to other digital devices via a S/P-DIF input.
The internal oscillators are automatically disabled when an external clock signal is present to prevent interference.
Comes with Manufacturer's 2 Year Warranty, parts and labor.