The Kush Audio Tweaker is an old soul with a post-modern brain. Its vintage, discrete VCA and bespoke detector are married to envelope-pushing controls that allow this box to be whatever you want it to be — smooth and polished or dark nad filthy, subtle and delicate or fierce and explosive.
To reach those heights, Tweaker expands the range and function of its traditional compressor controls, then breaks new ground with a radical and innovative 'Sidechain Shaper' section which allows you to select and shape what the compressor 'sees' and therefore how it responds—from simple HPFs to complex and flexible multi-shelving filters. This box creates a wider array of effects than any other compressor ever made; if you can envision it, Tweaker can deliver it.
Tweaker sports eight hi-torque, twenty-one step pots for precision matching and recall. UBK leveraged this design to give you his 'analog presets', which precisely emulate his favorite tricks from compressors as varied as the LA-2a, Distressor, API 2500, and even the absurdly eccentric Valley People Dynamite.
With simultaneous Tri-Metering of Input, Output, and Gain Reduction levels, Single- or Dual-Stage Release, Wet/Dry mixing, and a unique Curve control that sharpens the knee as the ratio is increased, Tweaker is the new king of swiss army compressors and embodies another modern classic from Kush.
Features at a glance:
- 19" Rack Discrete-VCA Mono Compressor
- High torque 21-step fully detented pots
- Unique 'Sidechain Shaper' focuses compression on desired frequency bands
- Curve: simultaneous ratio and knee adjustment,from 2:1 soft-knee to 30:1 hard knee limiting
- Variable Attack: from 10 microseconds to 70 milliseconds.
- Simultaneous monitoring of Input, Output and Gain Reduction levels
- Switchable Release: Fast Single Stage and Vintage Opto-style Dual Stage
- Single-Stage Release: 20ms-500ms
- Dual-Stage Release: 500ms-7500ms
- Linkable Stereo operation
- XLR & 1/4" TRS balanced i/o
- 240V & 120V compatible
Comes with Manufacturer's Warranty