Mojave Audio MA-100SP Matched Pair
MA-100SP Condenser Microphones
The MA-100SP is a matched pair of MA-100 small-diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphones with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules and a dual power supply. Packaged in a single carrying case, the MA-100SP provides professional recording engineers with a convenient, easy to set up system for stereo recording applications.
From a linage of successful microphone designs by David Royer, the MA-100SP's cathode follower circuitry provides ample headroom for high SPL applications such as drums and guitar amplifiers. It also excels at the more common applications for small diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphones such as acoustic instruments, cymbals, stereo pairs and pianos.
Featuring hand selected, 3-micron cardioid and omni capsules, high quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-100SP performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic small-diaphragm tube condenser microphones. The MA-100SP's power supply can be set for either 110-120 VAC or 220-240 VAC via an external switch. The complete MA-100SP system is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in a protective carrying case.
Small Diaphragm - Big Sound!
Why choose a small diaphragm microphone? Because small diaphragm microphones offer some distinct advantages over their larger brethren:
- More consistent polar pattern
- Better transient response
- Ease of placement
Why choose an MA-100SP?
- Extended low-frequency response
- High SPL handling capability - try putting your large-diaphragm mic on a snare drum!
- Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsules
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- External switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- High SPL handling capability
- Acoustic Instruments
- Guitar Amplifiers
- Stereo Pairs (X/Y, MS, etc.)
- Decca Tree
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- Voice-overs and Broadcast
- Capsules: Interchangeable Cardioid and Omnidirectional
- Diaphragm: .8" (20.5 mm) diameter
- Diaphragm thickness: 3-micron
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 3 dB
- Sensitivity: -39 dB re.1V/pa +/- 1.5 dB
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB
- Distortion: head amp only, not to exceed .4% @ 140 dB SPL
- Self Noise: 14 dB nominal, not to exceed 16 dB (A weighted)
- Impedance: 450 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- Vacuum Tube: NOS JAN 5840 pentode wired as triode,
- Power Requirements: 100-120 VAC; 220-240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz.
- Power consumption approx. 10 watts
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount
and cables: 7 lbs.
Carrying Case: 14”x11”x4”
Microphone: 5.5”x.75”, weight 4.5 oz
Comes with 2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty