Coles 4038 Ribbon Microphone
The 4038 is a proven performer, and is in use around the world by broadcasting networks such as the BBC as well as top engineers and studios on hit recordings.
Frequency response of the 4038 is exceptionally flat from 30 to 20,000 Hz and throughout this range the shape of the bi-directional (figure of eight) polar response is maintained substantially constant both in the horizontal and vertical planes, giving a natural sonic quality with smooth frequency response.
- Pressure gradient transducer ribbon microphone
- Substantially flat frequency response from 30 to 15,000 c/s
- Extremely low (non-linear) distortion
- Exceptionally low hum pick-up
- Bi-directional (figure of eight) polar curve shape accurately maintained in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Excellent transient response
- Natural clear balanced response to sound signal
- Body shape to enhance acoustic performance
- Clear natural high fidelity sound reproduction
- Smooth sonic textured response
- All microphones factory tested in free field conditions
Ribbon: Low mass damped ribbon to control transient response
Polar Response: Bi-directional
Magnetic Fields: By use of hum neutralizing wiring and magnetic shielding of the toroidal ribbon to line transformer 30 to 40 dB reduction is achieved in response to stray disturbing magnetic fields
Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 15,000 Hz
Impedance: 300 ohm
Sensitivity: -65 dB W.R.T. IV/Pa
Distortion: Less than 1% at 125 dB SPL
Connection: By means of 4069 3 pin jack plug. Pin 1 positive - Pin 2 negative - Pin 3 screen
Body Housing: Made of heavy gauge perforated brass backed by finely woven Monel mesh. Rotating hinge connection allows microphone to tilt through 90° and turned in any direction when either suspended or free standing
Dimensions: 7¼" (197 mm) x 3¼" (83 mm) x (61 mm).
Weight: 2 lb. 6 oz. (1.08 Kg).
Finish: Black stove enamel textured paint
Packaging: Each microphone comes in a foam lined rigid plastic carrying case with 4069 jack plug, and soft cloth protective bag, for safe keeping.
4071B Mic to stand adapter with XLR
Soft cloth protective bag
Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case
Special Order. Non-returnable. Final Sale. Please allow 7 - 14 days for delivery.
Comes with Manufacturer's Warranty